The Habituel Basil Essential Oil (basilicum) has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma known to reduce anxious feelings. It takes its name from the Greek word for king, possibly as a result of its undying popularity as a plant, an ingredient and as an aromatherapy oil. Basil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck. Basil is widely recognised for it's sweet, fragrant flavour and matching aroma and is commonly used in cooking to add a fresh, herbal flavor to meats, pastas, and entrée dishes, and it is also cooling to the skin. Basil essential oil however has a fragrance closer to that of thyme and helps promote a sense of focus and a stress-relieving experience.
Basil Essential Oil
The benefits of basil are wide and varied:
- Diffuse to promote a sense of focus while studying or reading.
- Combine with Geranium and Wild Orange essential oils for an uplifting aromatic massage.
- Add to your favorite Italian dishes for a refreshing taste.
- In skin care preparations, helps clear pores and reduce breakouts of acne .
- Soothes insect bites.
- Used in aromatherapy and massage, to ease aches and pains, headaches and head colds.